But you’re going to feel like a content strategist by the end of this post. I am going to teach you how to keep a piece of content paying you, or your client, time and time again so you can box clever and be as efficient and productive as possible with your precious time.
Have you heard of repurposing?
You probably have when it comes to eco matters, but did you know you can also repurpose your content? And no, it’s not lazy, it’s downright smart!
It involves taking a piece of content and changing it into a different format, generally for a different audience.
How do you do it?
So for starters, let’s take the humble post on your Virtual Assistant blog as an example. When you or maybe even your client posts one, is that the end of the story, apart from a few shares on social media?
There’s so much more you can use a blog for! So I am going to keep things simple and list a few examples:
- There is no need to think up brand new Virtual Assistant Instagram post ideas. Simply create social media posts for Insta/Facebook using excerpts of text as captions, or as quotes on a graphic
- Share each of those posts as story and add a link sticker with the blog URL
- Create pins for Pinterest
- Turn it into a podcast episode
- Save it for a chapter of an ebook
- Put it towards a video script for an online course
Have you already done it?
Chances are you probably have and are already more of a content strategist than you give yourself credit for!
Have you shared a client review as a post on your Facebook page? That’s repurposing!
Give it a go and report back!
I love to hear from you, so do please get in touch and tell me how you’re doing with it.
You may also like….
- Looking for jobs that work from home part time?
- A day in the life of a Virtual Assistant
- How to boost your income with a Virtual Assistant job!
- How to find a Virtual Assistant job in the UK
- Can you make money as a Virtual Assistant?
Thanks for reading!
If you found this post useful, I’d be grateful if you would consider using the affiliate links below when developing your Virtual Assistant business. I’ll make a small commission at no extra cost to you! This will help keep this blog running ad-free. Thank you for your support – Jen x
Up to 10% discount on Virtual Assistant Insurance
FREE 30 day trial of Canva Pro
Grammarly – the free online writing tool
Bullguard – discounted internet security packages
Alternatively, you could buy me a coffee to say thanks!
I think people really underestimate repurposing and instead just try and create lots and lots and lots of content which is exhausting.
It really is exhausting! We need to be boxing clever wherever possible to make life easier for ourselves!
Great read I truly enjoyed it
Ah brilliant, hope you found it useful and have some implementation ideas!